The Pathfinder Department is a youth and children ministry activity club. Young people of any religious affiliation are encouraged to join. It encourages the development of social, educational and practical skills within its members through class work and earning honours. Aims also include assisting youth to develop a personal expression of their love for Christ through the use of their creative talents.
Activities that we take part in include:
- Training in recreational and social skill
- Recreational Trips
- Drilling and Drum Corp
- Nurturing of leadership qualities within the older youth through encouraging independent study and providing leadership opportunities.
Our club has children and youth, organised into their respective classes, ranging from the age of 6 to 16 years. We currently hold two monthly meetings on the first Sunday and last Saturday of the month for both Adventurers and Pathfinders.
Aims for 2010
- To establish a foundation for the Pathfinder club and encourage church members involvement in club activities.
- To create community links with other pathfinder clubs within the local area.
- For each Adventurer and Pathfinder to achieve a minimum of 6 honours/ awards for this year.
Objectives/Plans for 2010
- Pathfinder Picnic
- Community Outreach Activities
- Attend educational and recreational places of interest
- Attend Pathfinder Rally Day at Newbold College, Berkshire
- Prepare for first Investiture – 13th November 2010